Saturday, June 7, 2008

Erykah Badu

So, it's been a little while. I just moved into a new place here in Philly and have been pretty busy with that along with other things. Last Friday night, after a long day of moving which sill wasn't quite done, I got a call from the Seattle Weekly for a "beautiful portrait" of Erykah Badu by Monday morning. I had a pretty busy weekend planned already and my studio space wasn't set up yet, but it was fun to pull some all nighters for this. She's such a beautiful person to paint and I really enjoyed doing this piece.



Erykah Badu
9 x 9.75 in. oil on board

online article:
http://www.seattleweekly.com/2008-06-04/music/no-country-for-bold-women/

3 comments:

chriswhetzel said...

Awesome! Thats a good likeness. Keep on truckin'!

katie said...

Amazing, as usual.

Hope the move went well -- I want to visit your new place soon!!!!

trautfish said...

Whoooaa Miss Badu!! That's awesome Danielle!!