Saturday, September 13, 2008

LACE!

Here is my new piece for Homegrown, a group show @ JInxed in Philadelphia.


The Deborah Anne
16 x 20 inches
oil on board

I've been on a lace kick lately and this is the second piece I've incorporated it into. I think I handled it better than my first attempt,but it's something I'll have to continue to explore. I also thought about playing with the idea of cut paper, though I think if I went with that approach I would want to create my own paper lace, and that would end up taking longer than the actual painting. I did however include some paper doilies in my matting/framing...





Show Card & Info:

1 comment:

Tim said...

it's a really nice piece, the color combination is so soft that it serves the idea of lace very well. i'm looking forward to the show on friday, so thanks for the peek.