Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Recent Commission.

Some commissions are more difficult than others, and while some jobs may not always be something I would normally find myself painting, I try to find ways to make them me. Needless to say, there are still times when a piece can just be a struggle whether it be the subject matter or just the idea. However, here is a recent commission that I just finished up and really enjoyed. I am fascinated by past times, so this job to create a painting based off of an old photograph was right up my alley.



Lisa
15 x 12 in.
oil on wood

And then there is Dwight Schrute, a fun little painting I did for my sister. Because really, who doesn't love Dwight?



Assistant TO the Regional Manager
5 x 7 in.
oil on board

4 comments:

chriswhetzel said...

Ha Ha! I too am thinking of doing some characters from "The Office!" The Lisa Painting is very...I don't know. I feel like I shouldn't be seeing that; its a personal moment. But thats a good thing. Does that makes sense? It calls to me as cliche as that sounds.

Tom said...

That painting is amazing. I love it. Dwight is the man. I just ordered a sweet Dwight Schrute for President shirt from www.PantherTees.com. They have tons of stuff from The Office. They said not to tell anyone, but here is a 10% discount code, pts10 (it is case sensitive, so copy and paste it). Enjoy!

Eric Braddock said...

Danielle.... this is so good. That's all I can really say about this, it's just so good. :)

xfishxart said...

awesome awesome awesome..... that is all I got.