Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Under The Influence: Beastie Boys Tribute



Oh My God, It’s a Mirage
21 x 15.5 in.
oil, graphite and spray paint on masonite



(framed)

This is my painting for the Beastie Boys tribute show @ Gallery 1988 in LA. I had a tough time coming up with a concept for this show, but it was a good challenge. I'm happy with my idea but I'm still not sure how I feel about the overall painting. I did do some experimenting with spray paint (it doesn't show in the scan, but the background is GOLD) and stenciling which I enjoyed, but I must say that I'm glad to be working in full color again on my current painting...be sure to check out the show if you're in the area, it opens January 8th @ Gallery 1988 LA

3 comments:

andrwagts said...

hi, ive been checking out your blog for quite some time now and i have to say this is my favorite painting

chriswhetzel said...

Very Nice, Danielle!!!

xfishxart said...

This is so so so sick!