Wednesday, March 4, 2009

update.collaboration.stenciling.

I've been slowing down with my posts lately, but here's some stuff I have in the works: I will be part of "Idiot Box" at Gallery 1988 in LA. The show opens April 1st and will be hosted by Mr. Belding (Saved by the Bell). I'm sure it will be another fun show with tons of great work! I will also have work in 1988's San Francisco gallery as part of the Children's Book Show which opens May 1st.

I'm currently working on a collaboration with Monika for the Jewelry in Motion event at the PMA which will be part of the Snag conference, more on this soon!

And here's a new piece that was a bit of a challenge, as most portraits usually are for me. This piece started as an experiment, the spray painted stenciling was something I was just playing around with on some board, I then decided to use it as the background for an oil demo I did at the University of the arts. I thought I might play with laying some more delicate stencils over the face, I decided against that and added the veil although it's something I definitely want to try in the future.



Adrianna
12.5 x 18.5 in.
oil on wood

1 comment:

andrwagts said...

this is very beautiful