Tuesday, June 2, 2009

a portrait, a coin & a necklace.

First off, here is a portrait I just finished of the actress Scarlett Johansson. I love her timeless look and had a fun time painting her.


Scarlett
8 x 16 in.
oil on wood

Next, a commission I recently completed of a coin designed by Augustus St Gaudens in 1907, considered to be one of the most beautiful American coins. It was adapted since then and a high relief edition was just issued by the U.S. mint this year. The most challenging part of this piece for me was the size (20 x 20 in.) and my reference photos. Although I had multiple images to work from, none of them were very large which made it challenging for the detail in certain areas. Overall though I am happy with the finish and enjoyed working on this piece.


Coin
20 x 20 in.
oil on wood

Lastly, some photos from the runway of the JIM show as part of the Snag Conference. We had a little mishap with our piece, and it went from a brooch to a necklace, but it worked out fine.

1 comment:

*leanne biank DESIGN + ILLUSTRATION said...

the portrait of scarlet is freaking awesome!!!! i love it great job lady!